Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters in Ruidoso, NM >

Quilters in Ruidoso, NM

Quilters in Ruidoso, NM

Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 AM

Just wondering if there are any quilt shops in or near Ruidoso, NM. I may be there for a month or more this summer and would like to take a quilting class. We stayed there last year & I only remember one shop, but it didn't seem to have classes.

thanks,
ava
Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

hope someone gives you an answer. i wouldn't want to be away for a month without somewhere to visit.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:15 AM

Martha's is not a quilt shop but a fabric/decorator shop with lots of quilt fabrics. You have to wander around the place-an experience in itself, but fun. They may be able to give you info about other quilting activities. Nearest quilt store is here in Roswell. Small but friendly shop-Calico Cow is the name. Places are few and far between in Southeast NM. Hope you enjoy your visit here. Ruidoso is a neat place to visit.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Thanks for replying, Jackie. I actually visited the Calico Cow shop. Very interesting place. Roswell is a neat little town. We plan to stay a few days this year. Maybe I can take a class. I know they had a LA quilter set-up, so maybe I can get a class on that, too. Do you know if there is a shop in Alamagardo?

ava
Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM

New user, Homesteadquilting posted here that she has a quilt store in Alamagordo. You might contact her for info on her shop and classes.
Calico Cow doesn't have a LA set-up any longer but there are three LA quilters in Roswell, myself included and one in Ruidoso that I know of. If I know when you will be in the area and I'm in town we could meet or I could put you in touch with one of the LA quilters. If you want, PM me when you have your plans finalized.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM

We will probably head to NM in July, when it gets really hot & humid here. Funny, until last year I had no idea we could go to MN to get cool. I'll have to look into Homesteadquiting.
I'll PM you when we know when for sure.

thanks again,
ava