Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilters

What do you think is the common thread that creates a QUILTER?

Patience? LOL

Blog Entries
    Values; (courtesy; being naturally helpful; generosity; appreciation of the traditions worth holding onto; etc, etc, etc)

The urge to create something beautiful and in my case give it to someone else.

For me it is a creative outlet... how cool is it to take fabric and create something that is not only beautiful, but functional. When I wrap up in a quilt my grandmother made, I feel wrapped in love. That is what I hope my quilts do for others.

And then of course there is this obsession with fabric... it just seems to come with the territory!

Barb C

Ladies:
    You have touched my heart with your answers, and they ALL hit the nail right on the head OUCH, As with most of you I gave away alot of my quilts, but then theres some I've held onto because I really liked it for one reason or another, When I make a quilt, it's always for someone I love, And I think I'm letting them know I love them by making them a quilt. And I love tradition and the beautiful things about tradition. So for me when you put it all together you come up with one word. Quilt.

The love of needle and thread. Being able to see your work. The love of family and friends that you create for! I could go on, but you get the idea.

Sharon

wanting to make something to give to others that will allow them to remember the quilter in years to come

For me Quilting is an Art form of Love. Creating and putting something of yourself in to a piece of work, that can be shared. And it brings comfort and smiles from the reciever, who takes pride in the fact you care about them enough to share youself with them. They are lingering memories for the reciever, of how well thought of they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Quilter
    Patience? LOL
    HAHA I had to laugh b/c if this is the answer I am surprised b/c I didn't think I had any left. Kyia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast