Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilters' Travel Companion

Has anybody checked out the website for the above title? Great website and the book is a great way to find shops and plan trips.
    Link:http://www.quilterstravelcompanion.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I've got the soft cover Southern book but we are about to head N and it's nice to have the website.

I love that book, moved last year and it had all the LQS's in it, sure helped me feel more at home quicker!

Blog Entries
    yes love the book and the website but just call ahead to be sure the quilt shop is still open and find out hours open

I LOVE this book. Hubby gave it to me for Christmas two years ago. Now when we travel I can check for quilt shops. I always call ahead just to be sure they are still in business, hours haven't changed, or shop hasn't moved. It's a wonderful book, however think dh regrets giving it to me. Now I ask for lots more stops on trips than before. lol
    Kat

Blog Entries
    Everytime I have used the book to find a shop where I travel, the shops are no longer in business. One month after publishing it's outdated.

Yes that happens sometimes but I have found that in the website they have updates at the bottom of each state that shows if the shop is closed.

I have the site bookmarked but many of the online resources are different from the published shops so they are not always the same. The shops need to pay for both if they want to be included but it's still a great resouce.