Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: quilting anxieties

Blog Entries
    Has anyone gotten so frustrated wanted to quit, give up the craft of quilting, how long did you stop, and what were the results of your actions?
    what were the end results?

Just a newbes thoughts here.

what's happening? Where are you stuck? How can we help?

Hmmmmm....I have wanted to quit working on a specific project, but not quilting altogether. I have many interests, and usually what I do is "work on something else" for awhile.

If it seems like you're beating your head against the wall about something, maybe we can help! :D

Blog Entries
    oh yes I guess I am! binding for one and getting the squares/triangles exact, I thought I was cutting them out exact, but I still am off on some of them. I also am using a rotor cutter as well, measuring with templates and so on, but I am not still getting the right measurements! Mary

Blog Entries
    Maybe like you, Rebecca, I should put it down, find something else to do for awhile, then go back to it. Mary

Just take a deep breath, ..........okay, now let it out. Bag it up and set it aside and work on something else for awhile. Are you following a pattern or just making up your own?

Maybe it's just because it's Friday the 13th! Put it away for today, pull out something fun that you have wanted to do and enjoy the day.

Quote Originally Posted by marygrether
    oh yes I guess I am! binding for one and getting the squares/triangles exact, .Mary
    Mary,

The way I get my triangles exact is to cut the square at least a half inch larger than the pattern calls for. Once I have the triangle sewed together than I square it the size it should be.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    oh yes I guess I am! binding for one and getting the squares/triangles exact, I thought I was cutting them out exact, but I still am off on some of them. I also am using a rotor cutter as well, measuring with templates and so on, but I am not still getting the right measurements! Mary
    Use rhonda's tutrial on HST's. You will find that her way makes a world of difference. Go to the tutorial section and look for easy HST's. If you can't find it pm me and I will find it for you and give you the link.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    oh yes I guess I am! binding for one and getting the squares/triangles exact, .Mary
    Mary,

The way I get my triangles exact is to cut the square at least a half inch larger than the pattern calls for. Once I have the triangle sewed together than I square it the size it should be.
    Ditto - for me, it's not inaccurate cutting, it's that my seam allowance isn't always accurate. This way, it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast