Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Civil War BOM >

Quilting Civil War BOM

Quilting Civil War BOM

Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

I am not finished yet, but am wondering if any of you are doing the Civil War BOM and how you are planning on quilting it. Suggestions I have received so far are crosshatch and SID. I do think it should be hand quilted. Any suggestions??
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

:oops: Is that one of our BOMs ?

Just curious and want to see what the blocks are :lol:
Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 AM

If you're talking about the Civil War Tribute 150th Anniversary BOM then, Yes! As there are still several months to go and I have been bad and not kept up and am a couple of months behind I haven't thought about the quilting on it. I figure I'll have to break down and send it to LAQ cause Lord knows it's too big for me to wrestle under my machine. Can't remember, but , I think the dimensions are 108x110? Who knows, maybe I'll like sending it out so much I'll do it with all of my quilts. My dream is to have my own long arm. Maybe after all the bra..I mean kids move out. They know I want their rooms for sewing.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 PM

Where can I find the Civil War Tribute BOM?I love Civil War patterns & the reproduction fabrics to make them with.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kathleen charnell
Where can I find the Civil War Tribute BOM?I love Civil War patterns & the reproduction fabrics to make them with.
I signed up for it at a quilt shop as a BOM. I think it'savailable through HomesteadHearth.com. I also saw it in Keepsake Quilting catalog. Good luck
Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 AM

thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 AM

I am also doing the Civil War BOM and have kept up except haven't picked up July yet. Anyway, I can not decide on how to quilt something until it is complete and then it 'speaks' to me so to speak. I lay it out on a bed and then get ideas and also ask my family and sometimes friends. I somehow have an idea somewhere in my head and with all the suggestions the idea becomes stronger and stronger because of some of their not so good suggestions. LOL Really, suggestions help as I form ideas with each suggestion and sometimes it is a combination of several ideas and sometimes the long arm quilter has ideas and together we come up with a great idea. Too big for me to do with my sewing machine. I say wait until the top is complete and maybe go to library and look at Civil War era quilts for ideas. Have great day sewing. Sue
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm doing this BOM. I know most of it will be SID. It just looks too "busy" from the blocks to do anything else.

Sabrina
Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 AM

I too have been wondering how to quilt my Civil War BOM quilt. I was originally hunting for an all over pattern that would consist of sharper corners and maybe some stars. Since the quilt itself is mostly triangles I didn't want loops and meandering. SID is certainly an option, but it is hard to do (at least for me) on a longarm.