Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting cost >

Quilting cost

Quilting cost

Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Alright ,every knows by now how angry I am bout unapreciated quilts.

Every hobbie cost money. If you are on a team you don't whine about the hours lost practicing and fun spent after the game.

I look at quilting as my hobbie that makes me feel good. If you smoke, drink ,go to the ball game or the theater it all cost money.

You can not take it with you....Enjoy life.

I am just sorry that so many are angry about the cost of their time and supplies. Gifting does not always turn out the way you planned. We can learn and not make the same mistake twice with that person. Anger and hate only brings more of the same.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM

I work with a lady that wanted me to make her a quilt. Her church charges $55 to make a quilt from donated fabric so she wanted me to make a quilt for the same amount without donated fabric. I did the math out loud for her and said, "Quilting is an expensive hobby. I cannot make a quilt for $55. The materials for your church are DONATED. If you want to donate the fabric, I will certainly make it for $55" She walked away in disgust.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by quilt_happy
I work with a lady that wanted me to make her a quilt. Her church charges $55 to make a quilt from donated fabric so she wanted me to make a quilt for the same amount without donated fabric. I did the math out loud for her and said, "Quilting is an expensive hobby. I cannot make a quilt for $55. The materials for your church are DONATED. If you want to donate the fabric, I will certainly make it for $55" She walked away in disgust.
Good for you!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by cookiej36
Good for you!
I applaud you! :thumbup:
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

I guess I don't know the people that are angry about the cost of materials. I think sometimes, especially for me it is a matter of money available. Living on a fixed income I simply can't spend the amount of money that many of you spend. I am not angry, it is just the way it is!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
Originally Posted by cookiej36
Good for you!
I applaud you! :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM

You do not have to break the bank to make beautiful quilts. the farmers wife always find a way. A little at a time,swap and share with your friends.
The cost seems to be the second complaint. The first is that were not received with the expected praise and thanks.