Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting design storage

I have piles of lose, large quilting designs on paper. Most are from design packs and have no binders. I am wondering what others have invented to store all these ideas, with out them getting all crumbled up. I mostly want to protect them, it would be a goal of mine to actually organize them into categories of some sort to acutally find something without digging through all of them.

I know I could invest in page protectors and binders, but I really don't want to fold up the big ones.

Thanks for any ideas.
    Jenny

How about using an artist's folder that they use to carry paintings and such to class? Or, a large format sketch pad where the designs could be placed between the pages?

Blog Entries
    Make your own folders out of poster board or thinner cardboard. Maybe find a longer narrow box and use poster board for dividers?

You could lay them flat in a boot box or something similar in size. You could roll the big ones up and slip them through empty paper towel tubes.
    Carol B

How about storing them like they do blueprints? Roll them up and secure with a rubber band, then stand them on end in a tall container, like a new trashcan. You could put a label on the outside and maybe include a little of the design so that you could see what each one is without having to unroll them.

How big are the big ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluphrog
    How about storing them like they do blueprints? Roll them up and secure with a rubber band, then stand them on end in a tall container, like a new trashcan. You could put a label on the outside and maybe include a little of the design so that you could see what each one is without having to unroll them.
    This is exactly what I do with mine (amazing how long I've kept some of them but can't seem to discard them either)

My longarmer rolls up her panto patterns, slips a low tack piece of tape on the overlap (rubber bands rot and can tear the paper), and stores them in a wine rack. She stores hers by number (written on the corner of the roll) and has a master list for reference, but you could store yours by type (feathers, cables, kids, etc). You could also use a shoe rack instead of a wine rack.