Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: In quilting do you ever find you have a change of mind on how you feel about a color?

Red face In quilting do you ever find you have a change of mind on how you feel about a color?

I have changed my thinking with several colors, yellow being one, on the right quilt the yellow makes the whole quilt pop. And red, which I never cared for is my go to color at times now, I took a class from a lady on clothesline rope, she used a bit of red here and there and it looked great. Her words...I have to have a little bit of red in all my quilts, can not imagine all of them but used correctly it is nice. Just some random thoughts this holiday monday.

Oh yes...each time I make a new quilt I have been trying to pick something different and surprised to find the colors I like that I never thought I would....
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Blog Entries
    Not just colors, but quilt patterns too!

Oh yes... never liked orange and now I love it. Same with grey!

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    Oh yes... never liked orange and now I love it. Same with grey!
    I find that I am looking at orange and grey as well, for me it is a matter of finding the right color. They do work though. Life and likes are ever changing, aren't they?

The only colors I really stay away from is a combination of gray and yellow as the entire quilt color scheme. It just doesn't talk to me when they are together, but they fine mixed in with other colors.

Blog Entries
    Sure thing. I don't care for blue, except for aquas, but I've collected fabrics for a blue quilt.

irishrose - I can relate as I love turquoise but not much else in the blue family. I very spontaneously purchased 1/2 yd. cuts of 5 coordinating blue fabrics at Joann's last week. Got home and wondered why I did that. Thought I'd just do a blue/white theme. But now I believe I'll have to add some other color(s) to be inspired enough to even sew with them.

Sometimes, right in the middle of making a quilt .

I've never changed to dislike a color, nor to like a single color. But I've changed to like certain color combinations that I didn't think would go together. I already liked purple. But then I saw a purple and teal quilt and it looked great. Then someone wanted something in purple and lime green and I was surprised that it looked good. I didn't think I would like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast