Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: quilting DVd's

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Ok, do to the fact that we do not get TV and I am on an air wireless card(just got to love living in the country) I was thinking of buying some quilting dvd's.

    So which ones do you recomend for a brand new quilter that has very little sewing experiance? Is there a good dvd quilt course set around?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member key4unc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    558
    There are some great free videos online.
    http://www.wonderhowto.com/arts-craf...atterns-video/

  3. #3
    Roben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW IA
    Posts
    899
    Tamara, my favorite videos for new quilters, hands down, are the Eleanor Burns videos. Her measurements are usually oversized, allowing enough extra to trim up the block and make it perfect even if our sewing isn't so perfect. You can sign up for the newsletter at her site, and it will let you know what items are on sale - the videos were 40% off around Christmas. I especially like the series videos - the Egg Money Quilts video, for example, has every program on the book and is a 2 DVD set.

    http://www.quiltinaday.com

    Hope this helps! I remember the days of dial up in the country; I wanted as much off-line as possible :D

  4. #4
    Senior Member crashnquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Posts
    547
    here is a website that you can RENT video and dvd's for a week.

    www.smartflix.com Look under Arts and Crafts and you will find lots of quilting dvd's.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by key4unc
    There are some great free videos online.
    http://www.wonderhowto.com/arts-craf...atterns-video/
    What a great site! I am a visual learner and these videos will be of great help to me I am sure. Dixie in Alabama

  6. #6
    Super Member Rose Marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clay Springs AZ
    Posts
    3,097
    I agree with Robin, El Burns is the best teacher.
    You can watch alot of her videos on http://quilterstv.com

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. Unfortunatly due to the fact I am wireless watching videos on the net is just as PITA. There is too much buffering and loading a little at a time. I could not even handle the intro to QNNTV.

    I shall check out the rental videos and the buy ones. Wish there was a site that told you what all was availble and from who. I know there have to be a few pro wuilters that made dvd's.

    Thanks

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Roben that is just what I am looking for thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Roben
    Tamara, my favorite videos for new quilters, hands down, are the Eleanor Burns videos. Her measurements are usually oversized, allowing enough extra to trim up the block and make it perfect even if our sewing isn't so perfect. You can sign up for the newsletter at her site, and it will let you know what items are on sale - the videos were 40% off around Christmas. I especially like the series videos - the Egg Money Quilts video, for example, has every program on the book and is a 2 DVD set.

    http://www.quiltinaday.com

    Hope this helps! I remember the days of dial up in the country; I wanted as much off-line as possible :D

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Crashquilt thanks for that idea on renting. I have not been to smartflix they have alot of quilting videos. Looking to sign up now.
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by crashnquilt
    here is a website that you can RENT video and dvd's for a week.

    www.smartflix.com Look under Arts and Crafts and you will find lots of quilting dvd's.

  10. #10
    Super Member Dodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    if you can get high speed internet the very best place for videos hundreds
    of them with dozens of Eleanor Burns who is excellent for beginners as well as seasoned quilters the place is qnntv.com and only costs 24.00 dollars a year cannot buy a book for that this site is well worth the money also lots of free patterns hope this will help you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.