Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ?quilting with embroidery machine >
  • ?quilting with embroidery machine

• ?quilting with embroidery machine

Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 AM

This is my experiment with embroidery quilting. I downloaded a set of, I think, 12 celtic designs. I embroidered the designs on my sandwiched blocks and then did quilt as you go. I made it reversible. It isn't anything special. Just something I wanted to try.

Red
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75387[/ATTACH]

Blue
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75388[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75382.jpe   attachment-75383.jpe  
    Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
    thank you so much Maria.................just as I figured, quilting gets me to the floor once again :lol:
    How do you tell your machine where you want the center to be?? I got the brother innovis 700Ell

Granny
    By moving the location of the design to the left, right, up or down, you are telling the machine where you want the design to be centered. If you move too far on either direction the machine beeps and stops, sign that this is as far as you can move the design. Am I being clear here?
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM

Very nice! I like those celtic designs.
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 AM

I do not use stabilizer...the batting is sufficient for stabilizing the fabric.

I hooped the area I wanted to quilt and then just made sure there was enough "puddling" of the quilt for the embroidery part to move the hoop.

I used my embroidery machine to quilt the star pattern where the blocks meet. Then I used a programmed stitch in my sewing machine (and the walking foot) to do the quilting in the white strips.

Upclose of quilting
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75210[/ATTACH]

Picture from a distance of the whole quilt
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75211[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75205.jpe   attachment-75206.jpe  
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
    Originally Posted by granny_59
    thank you so much Maria.................just as I figured, quilting gets me to the floor once again :lol:
    How do you tell your machine where you want the center to be?? I got the brother innovis 700Ell

Granny
    By moving the location of the design to the left, right, up or down, you are telling the machine where you want the design to be centered. If you move too far on either direction the machine beeps and stops, sign that this is as far as you can move the design. Am I being clear here?

Oh, so thats what you mean. Thanks a lot.

I like the reversible quilt with the celtic designs very much. As the designs are quite dense doesnt it get very stiff? And where do you all buy the designs?
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 AM

You can get designs from nancysnotions.com, amazingdesigns.com , myembroideries.com, and many others. If you subscribe to Sew News, or some of the other sewing magazines, they always have ads for various embroidery websites. A lot of them now can be just downloaded to your computer.
    Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM

Thanks for your pics. I've wanted to try this and have the designs, but have never seen it as a technique anyone used. I have a quilt with 5 inch sqs I think will be the perfect spot to try it. Were you satisfied with the back?
    Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Thanks for your pics. I've wanted to try this and have the designs, but have never seen it as a technique anyone used. I have a quilt with 5 inch sqs I think will be the perfect spot to try it. Were you satisfied with the back?
    Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by aorlflood

I hooped the area I wanted to quilt and then just made sure there was enough "puddling" of the quilt for the embroidery part to move the hoop.

I used my embroidery machine to quilt the star pattern where the blocks meet. Then I used a programmed stitch in my sewing machine (and the walking foot) to do the quilting in the white strips.
    Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by abc123retired
    Originally Posted by aorlflood

It looked fine on the back.