Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting fabric, magazines, books >

quilting fabric, magazines, books

quilting fabric, magazines, books

Old 11-06-2016, 07:17 AM

Our guild occasionally announces "quilter yard sales", being held by family with circumstances similar to yours.
Id find a quild in your area, plan a sale, have the guild announce it, and then watch the items fly into the hands of quilters. They may even have a website or Facebook page they can share the info on.
It's been my experience that quilters love to help, and I'm sure they will support your sale.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 AM

Check to see if any local quilt guilds sponsor a Quilter's Garage Sale. A guild in a neighboring city had one recently and it drew a large crowd! Tables were rented and those having good prices sold quickly. (Fabric $3-$4 yd) Those overpricing went home with their goods. (Pkg. ric rac $1)

It would be great to sell your Mom's treasures as a lot, or at least broken down into sub-lots for convenience.

Facebook has some quilting groups that buy and sell.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:31 PM

Fabric is quite in demand...

Pattern and magazines..maybe give as a donation to a thrift store and write it off as a donation on your taxes.

My sis and I bought a whole closet (walk in) full of fabric (80+ big plastic bins) for about $3500. It included 5 or 6 sewing machines. A daughter was selling her mom's stuff.