Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilting Fabric

Looking for quilting fabrics to make handbags and tote bags.
    Joann fabrics has a small selection. Do you have and suggestions. I live on Long Island, New York RRRFA

Blog Entries
    Does the Walmart in your area still carry fabric? I bought some at a walmart that was very nice-not thin at all. Other options, if you have them, are Hobby Lobby and Hancock's.

I buy a lot on eBay and from other online sellers - mostly www.fabric.com and www.connectingthreads.com

Fabric.com has great sales and they send you coupons after your order - 15, 20 or 30% off your entire next order. Connecting Threads has great sales and their fabric is gorgeous. Both of them have free shipping if your order is over a certain amount - $35 for fabric.com and $50 at Connecting Threads.

http://www.huntingtonfabricdepot.com...bric-shops.htm try this one. I have tried to order from them but the fabric I wanted was out of stock. Very nice people..

Walmart and Hancock have great buys on decorator weight fabric. Hancock usually has a number of flatfold pieces that are frequently on sale.

MTS
    Banned
    Are you looking for quilting fabric to make the totes, or double sided already quilted fabric to use?

Because even if I'm not thrilled with the quality, I'd hardly say that Joann's has a "small" selection of quilting fabrics.

So I think you must mean pre-quilted fabrics.
    eQuilter has over 30 different patterns:

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...46110518607.a1

I don't think you're going to find any quilt shop that has hundreds of these as it kind of defeats the purpose of selling all the other "unquilted" fabric.

This shop a few others (I don't know if they're included above).
    http://www.quiltvillecreations.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=2485385.16208.s0&product=moda-maypole&productid=moda-maypole-35082-11q&keywords1=quilted&sales=0&lastmenu=

That shop had a few other patterns. Just put "quilted" in the search box.

HTH.

I'm on Long Island also. Walmart in Westbury has fabric. I shop Walmart, JoAnn's and online.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrfa
    Looking for quilting fabrics to make handbags and tote bags.
    Joann fabrics has a small selection. Do you have and suggestions. I live on Long Island, New York RRRFA
    Check out upholstery fabrics (I know Hancocks usually has some) .... they make great/sturdy bags and a lot of times you don't have to use any heavy duty interfacing. You might be interested in checking out my posting and pictures on the "Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses" that I made, to give you some ideas. Do a "Search" on my username.

Also, check any local garment factories. Often they have scrap pieces left over and are willing to make sales in bundles. I know my grandmother was able to pick up fabric from one near her. Be forwarned, ones "Stash" can quickly become overloaded. :D

Comes back saying website can not be found. rrrfa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast