Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting and Fingernails. >

Quilting and Fingernails.

Quilting and Fingernails.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:17 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat

I found if my nails are longer, I rake them across a bar of soap before I go garden.
That's a good idea Patti - only we use liquid soap, don't think that would work! :lol:
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jals loves to quilt
Hey I use my natural nails doing that, thumb nail is extra hard. Eventually I poke a hole in the nail and have to clip it short.

I poke holes in mine also!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: So glad that I'm not the only one that does this. :wink:
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Being a guy, I never had any problem with my nails being too long. I tend to keep them very short. Never even grew my pinky nail long. :lol:
I knew a couple of guys who grew their nails long on their right hand for playing the guitar. But, just wondering, why do guys grow their pinky nail long?
Old 06-19-2009, 05:38 AM

Pinky nail! Geez, it has been years since I thought of this, but a man I remember when I was growing up, kept his pinky nail long for...get this...cleaning wax out of his ears. He was an old guy, guess he never heard of Q-tips. Gross anyway. I also remember a fellow who loved playing Spanish guitar, just beauiful music and he had long nails on his struming hand and the other hand had short nails. Interesting topics for quilting, huh?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by key4unc
I knew a couple of guys who grew their nails long on their right hand for playing the guitar. But, just wondering, why do guys grow their pinky nail long?
Some guys grew their pinky nails long, because of their drug (Cocaine) habits. The pinky nail was the right size for a dose up the nose. But I wouldn't know much about these things. I was never into the heavier drugs.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Girls, you were talking about your fingernails that split and break easily. My doctor told me something to help my nails from the inside and it works well. He said to put extra virgin olive oil on my food on my plate and it would help the nails. It takes several months to grow the nails out, but it works. I don't put much on at a time--about 2 teaspoons full--because it does have calories. I don't miss a day even if it means I take my olive oil with me out of town. This works and is cheaper than all those things we paint on our nails. Hope this is helpful.
Wanda