Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting forums >

Quilting forums

Quilting forums

Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM

What quilting related forum's do you frequent... when you do a search there are many... what are the most popular and "friendly" to new and older user's...

I am not one to be on a forum all the time as I still work and don't have the time.. I am looking for a forum that doesn't mind if you are not on it weekly. I go through periods where I just don't have the time...

TIA..
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 PM

I was away for 2 months and just chimed back in. I just look at the topic headings at the top under Recent Topics, and if they look interesting, I click on. I try to look at all the pictures people post and make a quick comment, as well as welcome a newbie-takes only a few seconds. However, I usually make anywhere between 10-30 posts at a session on line and get some really good information-I've asked questions and gotten quick replies and good advice. So many of us really love being here, and some spend more time than others. I also don't go on everyday, but try to a few evenings a week (or mornings) anyway. Give it a go and see how you like it!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM

[quote=Rntraveler]What quilting related forum's do you frequent... when you do a search there are many... what are the most popular and "friendly" to new and older user's...

I am not one to be on a forum all the time as I still work and don't have the time.. I am looking for a forum that doesn't mind if you are not on it weekly. I go through periods where I just don't have the time...
--------------------------------
Then you've come to the right one here. Lots of us have busy lives and come and go here. It is a neat place where folks all over the world come to learn, see lovely quilts, and chat about anything we want to. We ask questions also and get answers that are not in the books, but works for us.

Welcome from the Central Valley of California.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:13 PM

I don't think anyone minds if your are not here weekly. Look for topics, questions and answers that interest. Maybe you will light on a few forums, and that is okay too. Welcome.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:17 PM

have tried a few here and there, but this is the one i not only like, but use! this is not only popular, but very fiendly and what's more, user friendly.
i like the wide variety of topics and have learned alot more about quilting and all it's facets; there are no dumb questions and no dumb answers. the sharing is wide open.
this site is addictive! i have to limit my time here ..... well, i try to.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 PM

This is the best of all the sites. Stay with us
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Power Poster

This is my one and only :D:D
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 PM

I like it here to.I'm also on the HGTV Quilting&Needlework Forum.Saying hi and glad your here
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 PM

This is the only one I frequent. The infrequent posting is not a big deal unless you like to post items to sell. I registered in...2007 I think and probably had 3 or 4 posts up until last summer when I rediscovered the board. My original username and password worked and I even still had my old private messages. lol
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM

This is the one and only, tried others but this one is the best!IMHO anyway . Welcome and I think you will like it here, you can just pop in and out whenever. It becomes an addiction, kinda like the fabric addiction. The folks on here are very giving and helpful. :-D