Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Magazines >

Quilting Magazines

Quilting Magazines

Old 09-17-2016, 05:31 AM

I don't subscribe to any magazines. I did subscribe to The Block the first year it was out but discontinued my subscription after that first year. I really like that magazine/book but I am like lovelyl & only find myself flipping through the magazine, looking at the pictures & stories & then never using it again. I do check them out on the magazine rack at the grocery store but will only buy if I know I'm going to make something out of it.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:33 AM

My favorite is American Quilting and Patchwork. I can't tell you the last time I actually made a quilt from a pattern in any magazine, but I love to look at the beautiful quilts.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:37 AM

Our public library subscribes to digital versions of American Patchwork and Quilting and Quilting Arts. I love both. Quilting Arts is chock full of techniques I'll never utilize, but the ideas are inspiring.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:48 AM

One of our local shops imported Australian Quilt mags for us in the guild, but since I can no longer get to the guild, I haven't seen one in years. I loved them!
Old 09-17-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
Wonder if QN will give refunds on subscriptions? I do not like Quilting Arts which is what they want to send us instead.
I asked Quilters Newsletter that very question. This is the response I received:

If you are not interested in Quilting Arts we can transfer the subscription to Love of Quilting, Quiltmaker, Quick Quilts, McCall’s Quilting or Easy Quilts. If you would like any of these publications please call 1-800-477-6089 and a representative will be happy to assist you with the change.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:17 AM

QuiltMania
Old 09-17-2016, 08:00 AM

Over the years I've subscribed I think to most of them. Recently I've let the last two subscriptions run out; Love of Quilting and Quilting World. There are so many free patterns out there, that I no longer subscribe to any. IF I happen to see a really net pattern that I couldn't figure out I might buy that copy. Also, the quilt store I go to does have the Australian quilting magazines. You might check with your local quilt store.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
What's all of your favorite quilt magazines out there? I've enjoyed "Quiltmaker" since I found my first issue in a thrift store eight years ago! While still living in New Zealand several years ago, I also would get "Austrailian Patchwork and Quilting". I haven't seen an issue since moving to the US, but they were great too! Quilting magazines are like a small Chrisrmas gift with every issue.
I have found the Austrailian magazines at Books-a-Million.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:51 AM

I read American Patchwork and Quilting because I can download every issue for free from my public library. My favorite is Quilt Sampler.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:30 AM

I take McCall's, Quiltmaker's, Quilter World, Love of Quilting and Quilts. I like them all.