Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting with minkee

I have two yards of a sage green minkee and 2 yards of a polka dot minki, i was thinking of making a throw with it, but wondered if anyone has incorporated minkee into quilts before on here? I would love to see pictures. I need inspiration please :-)

Quote Originally Posted by taiboo
    I have two yards of a sage green minkee and 2 yards of a polka dot minki, i was thinking of making a throw with it, but wondered if anyone has incorporated minkee into quilts before on here? I would love to see pictures. I need inspiration please :-)
    I personally haven't, but I know others on the board use it for backing, and I do believe some have used it the quilt top.
    Do a board search for minkee and I am sure you will find a lot of info. Isn't this board great? :thumbup:

I have used it on the top and as backing for a couple baby blankets. Other than the mess of working with it, I liked it very much. The LQS I go to is having a class this summer and using it in a throw. I imagine I will do the class. Minkee is so soft and cuddly! But, I can tell you...my daughter cannot stand to the feel of it! LOL So the throw I make will not be finding its way to her room!

I have used it in baby bankies and I found that serging around it first before blocking it together stops all the "fuzzies" from getting all over.