Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting pattern....need suggestions

I recently finished a quilt top for my sister and am ready to start quilting it. Here is the link to a pic I posted

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-118547-1.htm

I am going to start in the middle with all of the sampler blocks, but really have no idea of a good pattern that would fit any or all of them. Am thinking of some type of leaves or feathers in the borders. I will be doing fmq on my domestic brother, so pantos are not an option. I really don't care for SITD, but if there are no better options.....Suggestions anyone?

Blog Entries
    I would do feathers or other swirly things in the setting triangles, leaves on the borders and a simple cross hatching in the sampler blocks.

To me the traditional blocks call more for a SITD traditional look than not. Then you get into other stuff in the setting triangles and borders.

Since it is a piecing sampler you can also make it a quilting sampler. There is no reason you need to have the same quilting design in all the blocks. The flower applique would be lovely with echo quilting for example while simple outline quilting would highlight some of the stars. Use something consistent in the setting triangles and the borders, but I think it would be great with lots of variety in the sampler blocks.

Pam