Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Poncho made of sweatshirt fabrics >

Quilting Poncho made of sweatshirt fabrics

Quilting Poncho made of sweatshirt fabrics

Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 AM

Default Quilting Poncho made of sweatshirt fabrics

Hello, have a friend that wanted a poncho made up from some sweatshirt fabric I had laying around. Then she decided she wanted it reversible using a velor type fleece. I thought okay this is do-able (I think). Now my questions is I wanted to quilt this on the frame but didn't know how I was going to attach it since I had already cut out the pattern pieces. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly at the time. Yes I know I should have left one of the fabrics or both of them uncut till after I quilted it. So now I'm thinking if I can use some sort of sticky stablizer that would help and I would just do a simple quilt technique on my regular machine. I've been reading on the subject what to use for say applique and went checking out some of the products such as Wonder-Under, Steam-a-Seam,etc.........my question is which one would work the best on fabric such as stretchable sweatshirt fabrics and can fleece be even ironed? I'll need a large quantity so pricing will be a factor too. Obviously I didn't think this out before I started the project. Help is needed.

Thanks for any suggestions.