Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Quilting in Sections

Hi Stay at home ! Thank you so much for the welcome. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. I am sure I am going to like it here and I sure can use the help and suggestions I can get from all the more experienced quilters :D .

BTW, I love your signature !!

Will Do !! as soon as someone explains how to send pics on this website !!! :wink:

Banned
    Oooo this is a good thing,never heard of it.

I tried the Cotton Theory of Quilting with Highways and one way streets but when I got to the intersection, I had a 10-car pile up - a big lump. I do not believe this type of quilting in sections was meant for 4 blocks coming together at one spot as you are trying to connect too many layers. If you had a quilt where perhaps the layout was like a brick layout and you did not have 4 corners coming together, it might work okay. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dicey
    I tried the Cotton Theory of Quilting with Highways and one way streets but when I got to the intersection, I had a 10-car pile up - a big lump. I do not believe this type of quilting in sections was meant for 4 blocks coming together at one spot as you are trying to connect too many layers. If you had a quilt where perhaps the layout was like a brick layout and you did not have 4 corners coming together, it might work okay. Good luck!
    if you have given up on it - try this idea: how about joining the blocks with extra wide bias tape. that way they don't have to be overlapped.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10