Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Services? Have you used one? >

Quilting Services? Have you used one?

Quilting Services? Have you used one?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 AM

Hi guys! I have decided to do a quilt for my mom and dad as their christmas present. I did a wall hanging for my mom two years ago that she picked out the pattern and fabrics, and she loves it. Well they need a new quilt for their bed so I decided to make them one.

In the past I've only done small quilts (wall hangings and crib size) and have just done in-the-ditch quilting on my sewing machine. Since this one will be way too big for me to handle, I'd like to send it off to one of the places that will quilt it for me once I finish the top.

Has anyone used one? I'm looking for recommendations and any helpful info on this type of service. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

There are long arm quilters on here. If you do a search on long arm quilters you may find them if they don't answer you here.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:17 AM

Hey guys! Is there anyone who can do the quilting like in this pattern, or know of a service that can do this? It doesn't have to be exact, just something like this style.

[img]http://pics.campl.us/f/8/894ee565978...20a33fe43d.jpg[/img]
Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 AM

I can do hand quilting if that is what you need.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

do a search for long-arm quilters if that is what you want, there are lots of us here, there is a link where lots have shown pictures of their work. if you want to send it to a hand quilter then search for them (or contact ptquilts above) long arm quilters are many and all have different pricing, styles and requirements. look at the different work, send a pm to the ones you like asking for their pricing and requirements and go from there. remember the busy season is coming so the sooner you choose someone and get things set up the better. some have long turn over times some have short turnover. and of course there is shipping involved unless you locate someone close to you.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 AM

Thanks guys!

I guess I don't really know what long arm quilting is. Is that what I want? Is that the only kind of machine quilting? I'd imagine having it done by hand would take a lot longer and be more expensive. (which may not be a big deal, I have to look at the pricing)
Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 AM

Not to be a 'grinch',

but . . . LAQ (long arm quilters), need some "lead" time. My LAQ usually start receiving, Xmas quilts in Aug - Oct, then she can guarantee that clients will have them back to finish before Xmas. She is a busy lady, and has a family. So, us that use her know to get our quilts in EARLY, if we have a Xmas present.

We don't make larger quilts fast and most LAQ have more than just one client.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the tip! I know it takes a while :)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

Sent you a p.m. I would love to chat with you about your quilt.I have no lead time so to speak of and I can get them out pretty fast. All I do is eat,sleep and quilt.