Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Shows

Are they quilting shows on tv any more? I think it has been at least a couple yrs. ago since I have watched one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    Are they quilting shows on tv any more? I think it has been at least a couple yrs. ago since I have watched one.
    Where I am my cable now only has Fons and Porter each Sat.
    I sure miss the days a few years back when cable TV had programs for women too!! Not just remodeling houses, reality, sports.....don't get me started!

Blog Entries
    DirectTV gets a number of them. I record through my DVR search of QUILT...watch the ones that interest me and delete the other ones.

If you get BYU channel, they have Fons and Porter on every day!!! It seems to be a mix of old and new ones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    If you get BYU channel, they have Fons and Porter on every day!!! It seems to be a mix of old and new ones.
    One of my married DDs gets BYU and I watch it when I visit. Maybe I should move??

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    We get "Fons and Porter" and "Sewing with Nancy" every Saturday on PBS.

I try to catch them every week and I often tape them to rewatch on my sewing room TV. That way I can look at that one "turn of the fabric" or "that unusual stitch over and over again if I am not sure what they are doing.

I hate it when PBS has their money-raising weeks. That usually means no quilting shows.

Fons and Porter and Sewing with Nancy are the two on IPT on Saturday afternoon. I have not found any others on TV. I am tired of all the house remodeling shows and I don't care for "reality" TV.

If you have Dish network, Elanor Burns is on Wends. at 1;30, on the RFDTV station. LOL, think thats what its called, 230 something.

Blog Entries
    I have Dishnetwork and I get sewing shows 6 days a week. Our local PBS has a different show Mon-Fri, Wed on RFD is Eleanor Burns and Fons and Porter is on Mon-Fri on BYU and Sat morning I get 2 shows on local PBS. (I have 2 local PBS stations)

Blog Entries
    We have a sewing show lineup every Saturday on a PBS channel. PBS also has a channel called Create TV, they show various sewing/quilting shows too.
    The other two PBS stations run them at random throughout the week. It is a hit and miss with them. I wish we didn't have to hunt for them. :D:D:D