Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Tumbling Blocks

Re: Tumbling Blocks pattern. I'm making a wall hanging in the tumbling blocks pattern; I'd like to shadow quilt inside the blocks [I'm hand quilting]. I'm wondering if the quilting thread is supposed to match the colour of the fabric used for each side of the individual block. Also can one use dark quilting thread on light fabric and vice versa. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Do what ever you want, I have done shadow quilting with the same color of tread, and with contrasting thread, it is just as my mood strikes me.

Thanks for replying Kay. Do you like the look of one better than the other? Does one show up better from a distance? I'm a quilting newbie . . .. as you've probably already guessed :-)

Blog Entries
    As for the dark thread light fabric and vice versa ? Do you want to be able to see the thread or have it blend in ? Something I like to see the thread others, nope want to hide it . Each project is different , sorry , no easy answers :lol:

Appreciate your comments, Sharon. No, no easy answers . . ..

I have found I can use one color for all blocks, no matter what the color of the blocks IF I sew with more stitches per inch than usual. When the stitches are large and spaced far apart, they pull and show thru. If the stitches are small and close together, then you don't see them as easily!

Thanks, Dee. I'll keep this in mind. I appreciate you taking the time to reply