Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: quilting withdrawal's....am I am the only one?

Banned
    Yesterday I had a garage sale - I'll post more later....had to drive out of town for my daughters high school soccer play off game - that took care of the hours from 6 a.m. till 11:30 p.m. Now I am procrastinating my field duty at the soccer field - I have 7 minutes to get dressed and get there - good think I live 3 blocks from the soccer field and then my son just called from college to say he and 4 of his friends will be in town tonight and can they stay the night AND can I make lasagna (and no my house isn't clean and I have nothing in the has to make lasagna with). If I make it back to these boards or to my sewing machine and cutting table before tomorrow I'll be lucky...thing is I'm sad just thinking about it and ready to ditch everything I'm supposed to do and call in sick so I can stay here and at my machine!

I know I cna't be the only one.....

Blog Entries
    Many a day I've thought of calling in sick (mental health day) to work on my quilts. I hardly ever do though. I don't get nearly enough time to do my thing. Hopefully this weekend I'll get more done than just thinking and planning!

Yeah-I find it so annoying anymore if I have to leave the house during the day and can't work on my projects!

WAIT... we can call in sick???

Quote Originally Posted by PABerard
    Yes, and tell them it's "catchy"

Quote Originally Posted by PABerard
    Yes, and tell them it's "catchy"

Blog Entries
    Well, I see a lot of positives in your post. Yes you won't be able to be at the machine until today, however ...

You had a garage sale, which must have brought in some money - money is always good to have. :thumbup:

Your son chose your house rather than someone else's house to bring his friends to and he asked for YOUR lasagna, which must be very good or he wouldn't have asked for it. :thumbup:

You supported the kids by doing your field duty at the soccer field. :thumbup:

Well okay, so all this kept you from being at the sewing machine, but I consider you to be very lucky to have had so much positivity going on yesterday. And I bet you slept very well last night. :thumbup:

Now that the busy day is behind you - it's time to get to your sewing machine! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I am dying to call in sick...wait...I AM MY OWN BOSS!!!!! I have so many big job with deadlines that I can't call into myself (so sad). I guess this board is my little "fix" until I can return to my sewing. Well...going to get some office work done now...YUCK! :thumbdown:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I saw a joke once. Someone called in sick and was told they had used up all their sick days so in reponse she said " OK, then I'm calling in dead." hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa♥♥

You are not alone!!!! I get withdrawals too. I can only go so long with out sewing before I drop everything and just go do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast