I finished this top the other day, and I got it basted. Started quilting in the hoop today with a free quilting design I found on the internet.
I ended up putting the quilt in my hoop wrong, and the design (8,000 stitches) stitched where I didn't want it to.
I started ripping out the 1,000 or so that were stitched, and I ended up putting my seam ripper through the fabric! AHHH!
Now, there's a hole in the fabric, of a block in the middle of the quilt.
I have to un-baste, make a new block, rip out seam after seam until I can get to the block, replace it, and restitch everything back together. Then more basting.
I have re-digitized the design I wanted to use. It's the same size, but only 3,000 stitches total.
I can't wait until the mess is taken care of. Blah!
Each block was pieced in the hoop.
The pin is next to the hole.