Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilts for Alabama >

quilts for Alabama

quilts for Alabama

Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Original post to be found here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120622-1.htm

I am sending four that did not make it into the Military Barracks Quilt Project simply because we ran over/had more than enough. Can not remember who the quilts were from and pray that those board members who sent them to me will be just as blessed by the quilts going on to our tornado victims.

Jan in VA
Well, then, Jan, I'm going to send the two I made for YOUR effort to this one. I'm so embarassed..I just found them still in the pile of "to quilt" instead of the pile of "quilted" It's horrible losing things in my little sewing room. I'm so sorry but I will Label them with something to say they were intended for Afghanistan Military.

:oops:
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Original post to be found here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120622-1.htm

I am sending four that did not make it into the Military Barracks Quilt Project simply because we ran over/had more than enough. Can not remember who the quilts were from and pray that those board members who sent them to me will be just as blessed by the quilts going on to our tornado victims.

Jan in VA
Well, then, Jan, I'm going to send the two I made for YOUR effort to this one. I'm so embarassed..I just found them still in the pile of "to quilt" instead of the pile of "quilted" It's horrible losing things in my little sewing room. I'm so sorry but I will Label them with something to say they were intended for Afghanistan Military.

:oops:
Aw, you're sweet! Not to worry; I was delighted to have a few more than the count we needed, debated sending a last "light" box of quilts anyway, but rejected the idea when I kept realizing how hot it gets there so early in the year. Also Bert had been transferred into another Forward Operating Base and a new Capt. installed over the men who received the quilts. HE never responded to letters I sent, so I had no direction about how/if/whether to go on.

I'm glad you are sending these to stateside crisis victims and know they will still serve the same "hug" promise that the Barracks Quilts were intended for.

Jan in VA