Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: quilts for kids

I see many of you talking about Quilts for Kids. I think you send away for the kits and then after the quilts are made you send them back. I'm sure the link for this site has been posted before but I ignored it. Would someone please post it again or else pm me the information.

Thanks

judyjo

Blog Entries

I've been meaning to request a kit. Just went to the site and did it.

Thanks

judyjo

The kits are free and you can get as many as you want to do.

Thank you for asking this question...again. This time I checked out the site and have put the patterns in my favorites. Right now I'm doing some tops for Russian orphanage quilts that a church nearby finishes. There is a calmness that comes over me when I think about the children who are cold and will be warmed by all of us working together.
    Thank you, Judyjo, for helping kids, too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    How much are the kits?
    The kits are free, they are shipped free to you. You have to provide the batting and the return shipping. They ask if you can make a quilt out of your stash to send back along with the kit quilt...If you can't that is ok, too :wink:

Quilt divas have been making small 40"X40" quilts for children staying with their families at Ronald McDonald House Cincinnati since last November. One is given with their welcome bag when entering RMHC for medical procedures at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. So far, house moms, quilt volunteers and local quilt guilds have made 450 quilts. We provide the kit & pattern for you to finish in your home or with other quilters. JOIN US the first Thursday monthly 10am-2pm at RMHC, 350 Erkenbrecher in uptown Cincinnati when we meet to sew and teach the moms how to make a small quilt for others. Quilt Program Founder/Instructor...Nora

I am new to quilting but this is the whole reason I wanted to start. My son was in the hospital when he was 5 months old and had to have surgery was there about 3 weeks and recieved two quilts and it meant so much! I wanted to learn to quilt so that I can give back a little. So just to let you know to all the ladies who do this it is much appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Awww Nora, that is so awesome of your group to do this for all of the children!!! I wish that I lived closer...I would love to participate with all of you :D :D :D (((HUGS)))

samroberts01, I have spent time in many infants ICU's and have known first hand how much these little quilts mean to the children, parents and staff... the older kids really love recieving quilts, not only does it make them feel special, but it helps to brighten their spirits and their rooms... My grands quilts are put away now...a very cherished gift in all of our eyes...as well as all of the others.... :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast