Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: quilts that matter

Hi,
    I AM very happy that there are so many giving people for the many service people that are out there doing what others of us cant do.
    I cant say how much a quilt means for so many. I can say that since i dont know any service people that are still out there that my time has been take by the people hear at home.
    I have for the past 2 years colected jeans till they became a problem to store. they have now been given a new life as quilts to the homeless people that have come in and out of my life.
    Last year there was 6 of them this year there are over 10 people who have come to me looking to get warm but not wanting to let family know that things are bad.
    I am only one person can only do so much. I will say that every time I turnaround this past year there has been a need that has been filled.
    I throught I was down to the last 2 I needed to make when a friend who has become homeless came to me in tears. They had lost everything and now didnt even have a blanekt to call there own. Need I say more? I now have 3 people cutting and sewing tie quilts from what ever we lay our hands on and the Lord has seen this blessed.
    The recent person was a man and wife with 2 kids and her youngets one remembered my house as that crazy woman laying quilts out on the lawn.
    Not so crazy is that the child recived one made from her own pair of old jeans she gave up just last year. Still had her name on the pocket. Her mom says she cryied for a while as she didnt think God could keep her warm this winter. Funny how it works.
    Keep on giving we never know who will recive when in need.
    In clossing I was given a place to live 3 years ago when I was homeless, just the cloths that I came with. I am still tere and cant belive the things that have turned out for the better. All things happen for a reason.

God bless you, Mimz.

bless you and your quilts that keep people warm and cozy

Blessings to you!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Bless you!

May God continue to bless your work!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Mimz,
    May God pour out a blessing greater than you can contain! One can never outgive a giver. Your work is precious, valuable, and a blessing. I'm sure there will be a crown of glory for you up there.

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Blessings on you and the people who help you. The Lord will give you supplies as needed, I feel certain. Janice

Blog Entries
    May God pour many blessings upon you Sweetie(:)

You are a wonderful person. God has blessed you and you are passing it on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast