Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilts in the movie Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas

Blog Entries

Quilts in the movie Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas

Did anyone watch Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas that aired yesterday? There were so very many beautiful quilts! I saw this quilt on Mandie's bed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woven Chain.JPG 
Views:	782 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	291446
    I think it was in different colors, though. The movie was set in 1900. Do you think this quilt pattern is actually that old? If so, when it was presented on one of the famous TV quilt shows several years ago as a 'new and exciting' pattern, were they just hyping it? Does anyone know the actual name of this pattern? I love spotting quilts in shows
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I think the quilt is named Weaver Fever.

I saw that too. I called my sister to look at it. They also had one hanging over the chair. The one on the bed was awesome!!!

Yes, I saw it, too. LOVED the quilts, especially the Weaver one. Nice to know the name.
    Terri

I clicked on the pic to enlarge and in the lower right hand corner it said woven chain jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I clicked on the pic to enlarge and in the lower right hand corner it said woven chain jpg
    yes, that's because that's what I named it from my EQ drawing I didn't know the real name of the pattern.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Sadiemae has that quilt as her avatar on this board. It is called Weaver Fever. On my to do list. Sadie's is beautiful.

Loved the quilts! I did cringe a bit when the attic girl went out to catch a rabbit while she was wrapped in a quilt.

Some blogs say that Jackie Robinson at Animas Quilts is the designer? Looking through her site I couldn't see any confirmation of that. Maybe you could email her & she might know the designer if it's not her, she does have a weaver fever quilt pictured on her site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Some blogs say that Jackie Robinson at Animas Quilts is the designer? Looking through her site I couldn't see any confirmation of that. Maybe you could email her & she might know the designer if it's not her, she does have a weaver fever quilt pictured on her site.
    Thanks. I wrote to them and got a super fast answer: "I have no idea if anyone prior to us in 1991 ever made a Weaver Fever quilt."
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast