Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: quilts from strips

these are foundation pieced out of every imaginable scrap i had around the house, even some old curtains. and the pineapple quilt is paper pieced.

this one is paper pieced
    Name:  Attachment-4420.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  52.0 KB

foundation pieced
    Name:  Attachment-4425.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  49.9 KB

i believe it's called a string quilt - also foundation pieced.
    Name:  Attachment-4434.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  50.8 KB

Are the strips different colors? If so, I did a quilt (don't remember the name of it) where you sew (3) different colors together in long strips using the 1/4 " seam..Make lots of these..
    After these are joined measure the strip from top to bottom which should be at 4" (if my math is right)
    Whatever that measurement is now cut the long strip into the same length so the pieces are *square*
    now join one horizitonal square to another square that you place *vertical* so each square is running the opposite direction..I made this one out of flannel for my B.I.L and it is very pretty and interesting...Hope this is one idea that you can use ..Suzanne from Mich

I use a flip and sew method using strips to make quilts. Most are baby quilts but they can be any size. Barbara Randle's book "Crazy Quilting with Attitude" is the book I use.
    Good luck with your project!

Cathe, I check out your blogs and the Guild. I realy like the heart quilts. I see you start with a nine patch and take it from there. I have never seen that heart design before. I also had to laugh at your spin on scrap choices. Good laugh.

thanks for all of your ideas. Quilters are such wonderful people. Quilter 1234

There are lots of patterns that take strips. Here are two that I did. Anxious to see what you come up with! Post pictures.
    2 Doods

Similar to one that I made to keep. Mine has random strips. This one has controlled strips. Amish pattern-Sunshine and Shadows.
    Name:  Attachment-2181.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  79.5 KB

This is one that I made for my Mom. This is before it was quilted. The pattern-Breakfast in Bed.
    Name:  Attachment-2340.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  60.4 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2