Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilts in TV shows

Do you ever get distracted when watching TV by quilts that are just part of the set? Last night I was watching a detective drama and completely lost track of the plot because I was trying to work out how a cushion on the sofa had been made :roll:

Jim
    I do that all the time...still remember long ago a quilt on a bed in some unforgotten movie...it was double Irish chain in red and white..it was awesome and is still on my "To Do" list

Quote Originally Posted by annesthreads
    Do you ever get distracted when watching TV by quilts that are just part of the set? Last night I was watching a detective drama and completely lost track of the plot because I was trying to work out how a cushion on the sofa had been made :roll:
    Movies too. Just watched A Simple Twist Of Fate again so I could study the quilts in it. There are three and all are very nice.

Blog Entries
    I watch a lot of old black and white movies. There's always at least one quilt in them if they were made in 1940s or earlier. There's one I saw in a silent movie that I've put in my bucket list.

I'd like to see Friendly Persuasion again. They are walking back from the barn, she's carrying an Album quilt. Oh, I pieced the Double X from Dances With Wolves. Found just the right double pink for the solid squares.

Quote Originally Posted by annesthreads
    I do exactly the same thing, but then I'm easily distracted. LOL

Blog Entries
    Yes I do that all the time.

My husband and I seldom watch TV together since I'm in my sewing room. But suddenly he yells "quilt" to let me know there's a quilt in the background. So I come running, of course.

Power Poster
    My eyes just spot quilts in movies and shows all the time!

Happens to me all the time. If I see a quilt in a movie or tv show, I can't hear what they are saying anymore because I'm concentrating on the quilt pattern and colors.

Love The Waltons.

Whatever happened to that simple red and white quilt with just squares that was on the FRIENDS show in the beginning for a few seasons?