Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilts for Twin Boys

Blog Entries
    Does anyone have any ideas for quilts for twin newborns - something unusual?

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    My DD had a friend when she had her twins a lady her Mom worked with made her quilts with Noah's ark on them.. the words "2 by 2 they came" was on the border. She loved them...she had boys so don't know it they would be as cute for twin girls..crafty_linda_b

Jim
    I have twin grandsons....they will be 3 in October..for their 2nd birthday I made them Caillou applique quilts and have made them 9 patch with 2 inch blocks on point...but made them both completely opposite of each other...used greens and yellows..one had one greens the other more yellows...also made them lizard quilts

Made quilts for grandsons born (exactly) two years apart with the same feature fabric. I used different patterns and different secondary fabrics.

You can use the same focus fabric in big squares but change the color of the sashings and borders.

Here is one quilter's recent post on what she did for twin boys:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134723-1.htm

Blog Entries
    perhaps make one quilt the opposite in colors... red with blue sashing with the other blue with red sashing, or whatever colors you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    My DD had a friend when she had her twins a lady her Mom worked with made her quilts with Noah's ark on them.. the words "2 by 2 they came" was on the border. She loved them...she had boys so don't know it they would be as cute for twin girls..crafty_linda_b
    I think you nailed it for unique quilts for twins! :)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    perhaps make one quilt the opposite in colors... red with blue sashing with the other blue with red sashing, or whatever colors you choose.
    That is a really great idea. When my boys were little, (not twins but only two years apart), I bought one red of everything, pants, t-shirts, toys, bikes- and the other one got blue.

That way they were instantly color coded and they could tell them apart as could we!