Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts in the War Zone

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing that link. My heart aches after looking at those pictures of our wounded soldiers. It was wonderful to see the soldiers covered in quilts and blankets made with loving hands though.

Banned
    I am glad this link has been posted. It shows that there realy is a need for mor Quilts of Valor. It is the goal for the organization for each and every service member gets a quilt. I sure hope this helps more people to make em and ship em out to the great members of our armed forces.

Thank you, "Mom," for posting this link. I have sent it on to my nonquilting friends so they can more fully understand the deep symbolic message each quilt carries and how valuable our contribution of handiwork is. Pictures speak more than a thousand words.

This can really get to the heart and proof that our quilts did get to OUR men. Thank you for posting this.

How wonderful to see the men wrapped in the fruits of our labors. To know that some soldier somewhere is benefiting because we took the time to stitch pieces of fabric together then send it on to a group devoted to getting it to these men for their use. It humbles me and yet fills me with pride at the same time. Like the little girl telling her daddy when he complimented the dinner, "And I helped."
    If these photos don't stir all quilters to participation in some kind of program, I will be amazed. Thank you so much for sharing this link. I am a better person today because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Those are hard clips to watch but the quilts add some comfort for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    I totally agree, especially about being hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    How wonderful to see the men wrapped in the fruits of our labors. To know that some soldier somewhere is benefiting because we took the time to stitch pieces of fabric together then send it on to a group devoted to getting it to these men for their use. It humbles me and yet fills me with pride at the same time. Like the little girl telling her daddy when he complimented the dinner, "And I helped."
    If these photos don't stir all quilters to participation in some kind of program, I will be amazed. Thank you so much for sharing this link. I am a better person today because of it.
    I feel the same way, thank you for providing the link,God Bless Our Troops.

Blog Entries
    Oh My!! Those pictures say it all.... :D:D:D

Yes, the quilts are very prominent in a lot of the pictures. And I noticed a big pile of them waiting for new owners.

big lump and lots of tears here. I pray everyday for our kids!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast