Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rag Barn in Alpena, Arkansas

Rag Barn in Alpena, Arkansas

Searching for information on Rag Barn quilt/fabric store in Alpena, AR. What type/quality do they carry? Also, has anyone shopped at the Marshall Dry Goods store.

Blog Entries
    Do you do Facebook? I just did a google search of them and found their facebook page. Looks like they sell quilting and sewing fabrics. I think I could have a good time there!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rag-B...17376584952341
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I go to Marshall's a lot, it's about two hours away. Marshall's has all the name brand fabrics as it is a wholesaler to stores. $1.98 to $3.99 a yard per bolt. you can buy a whole bolt at a discount with no tax number. Part of the store is cut fabric by the yard and it's $2.99 to $3.99 a yard. Lots of bins of flat folds and a big fabric seconds area. I was there yesterday. There were lots of store buyers there, one from OK, I believe it said Sew and Sew(s) on the van. Something like that. It is top quality fabric from Robert Kauffman, Kona, Michael Miller, Red Rooster, Aunt Gracie, Timeless Treasures, South Seas, Northcott, Westminister and lots of batiks and tie dye, every brand except Moda.
    Got fabric?

I shop at Marshall's and also order off line, I have not had a problem....if I order off line then it's a bolt but I try to go at least once or twice a year.....never heard of the other place....
    Louise in Arkansas

Blog Entries
    I use to purchase from Marshall when I had my store. The quality is much better nowthan it use to be and I highly recommend buying there. I visit there a few times a year.
    Now as far as the Rag Barn in Alpena, Ar. is concerned I only passed it going home from McKee's Sew Ctr so I did not have time to stop in. I will be going back to the store to get my machine worked on and I will be stopping in and I will let you all know what they have.
    I always look at Wal-Mart fabrics in Little Rock, Jonesboro, Jacksonville,Mt View, ect. and must say it is so disappointing at the high prices and poor quality that I have seen. When I can see my hand through the cloth I don't want it. I only wish I could be shopping at some of the terrific Wal-Marts some of you brag about.