Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rag Quilt cutter

Rag Quilt cutter

Well, I just placed an order for my Accu-quilt cutter and the 8.5" rag square die.

I need to quit reading here.
    Counting Threads costs me money.
    Hancock's of Paducah costs me money.
    Oh, and that one Jinny Bauer )??) quilt book cost me money.
    And now Accu-quilt!

Any chance Tula Pink's newest book will be free?

I would ask all of you to keep your good news to yourself. But I'm too nosy!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

It is so hard not to buy all the new stuff. I like to put stuff on my amazon wish list. If I want it a month from now, then I may get it. That really cuts down on the impulse buys. Oh.... And I just bought the accuquilt. Totally worth the money and not an impulse purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    It is so hard not to buy all the new stuff. I like to put stuff on my amazon wish list. If I want it a month from now, then I may get it. That really cuts down on the impulse buys. Oh.... And I just bought the accuquilt. Totally worth the money and not an impulse purchase!
    I did put this on my Amazon wish list-------two days ago! I gave in already!
    U N T I E

My motto is life is too short not to enjoy it. Have fun!!!
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    My motto is life is too short not to enjoy it. Have fun!!!
    That's true, but I'm going to have to enjoy it $250 worth! lol
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    I love love love my Go! It's as important to me as my sewing machine and cost hundreds less! The mats are cheaper then buying a spool of thread. I can use my Go without electricity and handstitch the blocks if it came to that. I use the tumbler, rag square, circle and hexagon dies the most. The hex die is great for cutting paper hexes for English paper piecing. The circle for yo yos. I keep a list of the regular cost of the dies and when I find a sale I can tell if it's a great sale or just a little sale. I have almost all the dies for the Go. I seldom have to cut fabric for a quilt pattern.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I love love love my Go! It's as important to me as my sewing machine and cost hundreds less! The mats are cheaper then buying a spool of thread. I can use my Go without electricity and handstitch the blocks if it came to that. I use the tumbler, rag square, circle and hexagon dies the most. The hex die is great for cutting paper hexes for English paper piecing. The circle for yo yos. I keep a list of the regular cost of the dies and when I find a sale I can tell if it's a great sale or just a little sale. I have almost all the dies for the Go. I seldom have to cut fabric for a quilt pattern.

I just didn't see a need before. But trying to hand "nip" seams for rag quilts is about to drive me nuts.

I do fairly simple quilts. A nice big square block to cut uniform pieces for then uniform HST might be my next purchase.

Thanks for the encouragement. And I'm sure "Accuquilt" appreciates your post, too.
    U N T I E

Sorry, I'm confused. Does this cut the "fringe" part of a rag quilt? I sure hurt my hand while fringing the only rag quilt I've done. That was about 3 months ago and my hand is just starting to feel better, so probably won't do another one.

Blog Entries
    I love making rag quilts but can't invest in the die cut or GO for a very long time. I could buy a lottery ticket and win and then I could get it. LOL
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

You will love it! such a time saver.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast