Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rag Quilt tute - love the flannel and Jean one she shows toward the end of video >

Rag Quilt tute - love the flannel and Jean one she shows toward the end of video

Rag Quilt tute - love the flannel and Jean one she shows toward the end of video

Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Default Rag Quilt tute - love the flannel and Jean one she shows toward the end of video

I wasn't sure if I would like a rag quilt, but decided to try one. I bought a rag die so I did not have to cut the small pieces. It was so easy to make and I used up all of my scrap batting. I did use flannel on both sides. I have washed it twice and did not have a problem with lint. prior to washing it it was ok...but after I washed it...I love it!!! I made it for my husband but he may have to fight me for it. Its pretty cold tonight and this is the greatest!!! I threw it back into the dyer for the extra warmth. I was able to make this so quickly. I did make and error that I found after I washed it...My husband is like its fine...It was totally bugging me so I took the seam ripper out tonight and pushed though the frayed end and resewed...so easy. So if you ever want to try something different and have lots of left over I would recommend. I don't think I would make one smaller than 8 1/2 inch blocks. I just bought a 12 1/2 inch block to make a King size quilt for my son and daughter in law. It will be so much easier to FMQ each block instead of the whole quilt at once. I love how there is no binding and once you so it together its done, the frays are very comfortable...not stiff like I thought it would be.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 PM

here is one of the video http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...qf4d0&fr=aaplw
Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM

I love the rag quilts too, I have just started collecting some in "boy" colours to make one for my son. the one I made for my daughter is so soft and snuggly I made mine with 6 1/2 " blocks of flannel and it worked fine, the bigger blocks would be a lot quicker.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM

I'd like to see a picture of your finished quilt..sounds so warm and nice...You must have an Accuquilt. What a perfect tool for the rags.. I made one with denim for the back, and cotton prints for the face of quilt..No batting..
It turned out really nice...Love the way denim frays...
I love Missouristar videos.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

sounds cuddly