Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Raise Your Hand If You ...

I bought a serger and have never used it because I have no idea how to thread it and if you have to watch a dvd to thread the darn thing i'm not really interested. I do good to operate my sewing machine and my quilting machine.

Blog Entries
    I have a brand new White, ( brand new because I never used it ). It is probably 10 yrs old. I just never could thread it.
    TxCaRose

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a lot of you could use help from my Super Hero Threading Monkey!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine. Just upgraded from Babylock Imagine to the Evolution. So sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by quilttiger View Post
    Love my Babylock Imagine serger....it comes with automatic threading . This is my third serger. The first one was a real bear to thread!
    I have a Babylock Eclipse with auto threading. Amazing sergers and extremely dependable. Big thumbs up!!

I have two sergers, both 18 yrs old I think. One Singer & one Viking. I use the Singer all the time. A person gets used to threading them and I use a floss threader for dental. that sure helps. I wouldn't want to be with one!

Dee
    Can't do without my serger. I have the same brother as you. My DH threads it for me. I have done it and much easier than the simplicity and singer I have.

my sister actually uses hers to do her 1/4" seams on quilts. Brave woman.
    ​Nancy

Power Poster
    My serger is probably from the late 1960s or 1970s -

My tip for the last part of the threading process (when I have to start over) -

I poke a stiff thread - like quilting thread or stiff nylon through that one arm that has holes on both ends - and then tie on the serger thread and pull it through. I could never get that thin, soft thread to go through those two holes .

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    My serger is probably from the late 1960s or 1970s -

My tip for the last part of the threading process (when I have to start over) -

I poke a stiff thread - like quilting thread or stiff nylon through that one arm that has holes on both ends - and then tie on the serger thread and pull it through. I could never get that thin, soft thread to go through those two holes .
    That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing it. And to echo some of us - not everyone can afford to or want to spend the $$ for the self threading Babylock. Other alternatives seem to work for lots of us. To each our own!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast