Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star template

Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star template

Saw this template demonstrated on Fons and Porter this weekend and also watched the video on youtube
    Does anyone have this template and what do you think. Does it work as slick as it appears to? I've boughten a few other templates and they don't seem to work as easily as they appeared to.

I don't know about the demo you saw, but I have Deb Tucker's Lemoyne Star ruler. I love it. I made perfect 3" stars up to 12" stars. After I took a class I went home and made the wall hanging. I only wish she would come out with some other patterns that you could use the same ruler with.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
    I don't know about the demo you saw, but I have Deb Tucker's Lemoyne Star ruler. I love it. I made perfect 3" stars up to 12" stars. After I took a class I went home and made the wall hanging. I only wish she would come out with some other patterns that you could use the same ruler with.
    Your quilt it fabulous! It has inspired me to try this pattern.

Blog Entries
    I bought this ruler at a recent show, after watching the demo. It looks really good to me too. Of course, it is still in the packaging, but I will watch this thread to see what others have to say.

I watched Deb Tucker's youtube video and was going to buy her templates. I haven't and really don't know if I would use it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I purchased that template at a quilt show and made a quilt with it. It was easy to use and I was very pleased with the results. I used fabric and a jelly roll. Here is the link to the quilt I made. it was totally worth the money. I also bought Deb's ruler for squaring up blocks.
    LeMoyne Star with Lattice Work done with Rapid Fire Ruler and sandwiched with Elmer's
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/