Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rapid Fire ruler >

Rapid Fire ruler

Rapid Fire ruler

Old 12-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Question Rapid Fire ruler

Has anyone used the rapid fire ruler to do the Lemoyne Star by Deb Tucker? I know there are other ways to do it with triangles etc but I am an addict when it comes to tools, templates and rulers. I have watched her video and the Fons and Porter video and sure would like to try it. Also in her video she demonstrates the Tucker Trimmer III which also I like. Let me know if any of you have used these tools.
Thanks,
Evelyn
Old 12-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I thought about buying the ruler but didn't. I have lots more quilts I want to make. Maybe I will buy it if and when I run out of others to make.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 AM

I used the ruler for hunters star. Must look up lemony e star pattern.
I worked okay but I found a quicker way and can't see the difference, cutting squares and rectangles.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:20 AM

People tell me about quicker ways but nothing on paper for me to read or pictures to follow so til then I guess I need templates and patterns. Is there a pattern to follow for the star? Lemoyne star is just a beautiful star block that I am in love with.
Thanks,
Evelyn
Old 12-19-2013, 11:57 AM

I bought the Lemoyne Star ruler from Deb Tucker and used it. It was relatively easy for sure and if you get one of their project cards for that ruler it gives you other types of stars to make with that Ruler or variations of the Lemoyne might be a better analogy.

I have most of Deb Tucker's rulers and I like the Tucker Trimmer ones the best. The Hunter's Star is also a favorite.

Last edited by Jamiestitcher62; 12-19-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: adding something
Old 12-19-2013, 03:14 PM

Thank you so much Laura. I am definitely getting the two now. The online free videos are very helpful with this tool. Deb Tucker has it and Fons and Porter have one for the same tool. They don't use the Tucker Trimmer though. Thanks again for you input.
Evelyn
Old 12-19-2013, 03:35 PM

I have the Tucker Trimmer, the Wing Clipper and the V-block ruler. Love love love them. I do have the Rapid Fire Hunter Star, but have not used it yet.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
I have the Tucker Trimmer, the Wing Clipper and the V-block ruler. Love love love them. I do have the Rapid Fire Hunter Star, but have not used it yet.
Same for me except I have not tried V-block either.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 AM

It makes a beautiful star, it was well worth the money in m humble opinion I have the trimmer and the wing clipper also
Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 AM

I just got the hunter star ruler and have been having fun with it. Had I not watched the video, I think the instructions would be difficult to decipher and I'm quite good at figuring things out. Although you cut 2 WOF strips and squares, you end up with lots of bias edges so I really blasted my fabric with spray starch to eliminate as much stretching as possible. You also need to be very careful with pressing - press and not iron as it also distorts the fabrics. One great thing is, the blocks are oversized so you can trim before putting together which helps with the bias edge distortion. Overall, I am very happy I bought the ruler. A local quilt store carries her rulers, and they honor the paper JoAnn's coupons so I got it for half price!