Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal

I have the machine for a week now and really love it. BUT the footpedal feels like a toy compared to my Bernina.......
    I have shoesize 5 1/2 sew barefoot and hardly can get used to this small lightweight thing.

How about you? Maybe I contact Janome and ask whether a big heavy one is available!?
    Granny

guess which one is from the Bernina
    Name:  Attachment-238478.jpe
Views: 88
Size:  31.2 KB

Looks just like the one on my 6600. Nothing wrong with them- just different!

That's the one I had on my old Janome and loved it. I think you just have to give it a chance and get used to it. :-)

That's the same one I have on my various Janomes, it does move around quite a bit too. You get used to it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    That's the same one I have on my various Janomes, it does move around quite a bit too. You get used to it after a while.
    I put mine on that rubber shelving stuff that keeps dishes from moving around. Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by gaevren
    I put mine on that rubber shelving stuff that keeps dishes from moving around. Works like a charm!
    Thats a good idea! But I would like to have a big sturdy one anyway.............can tell that I grow old, not too many changes at once please :oops:

I have the same one on my Janome6600. Janome is notorious for their
    "lovely" foot pedals. Never had a Bernina so I don't know what I'm missing.
    What I don't like about the pedal is that I have to keep chasing it. I put a
    silicone potholder underneath but it still escapes. Oh well.

Yea, it's the same one as used with the Janome 11000 as well, I don't think you can get a different one though. I'm used to chasing it all around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gaevren
    I tried that and unfortunately for me, NOTHING keeps the foot pedal in place. I think my size 10 is just too big for it. ;) I do wish it were a bit heavier, but I never even thought to mention it.

Same one I have with the 6600.

Now I can't remember if it's my Janome I do this with or my Husqvarna ... but one of them works better if I turn it around and use the back of the pedal.

I tend to use foot pedals with toes only, not my whole foot. And yes, I always sew barefoot.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast