Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: re: batting for placemats

I make alot of placemats for my customers, and have found a 4oz poly batting to be the best. Have tried different lofts and they just didn't work as well.

yep, for a place mat you are right. a thick one can only lead to more work!! :( i guess i was thinking of quilting a quilt???

Actually, mine aren't that high. I have moved my sewing machine to the dining room table and moved my placemats. HAHA, I did this after we rushed to Joanns to catch the sale on the sewing table and cutting mat..hahaha. It's a little higher than I like, so I have to stand and sew which is new to me but isn't bad. However, I tend to stand on one leg and after a few days of sewing it begins to ache, must be the old age creeping up on me. :) Anyway, I quilted mine enough that they lay flat, but to be honest, when we eat dinner I always move the placemats. I made them to be there when we aren't..haha that sounds stupid, I know.

Suz
    Heather,

Some items are just to look pretty, i.e., placemats, tablecloths, and throw pillows. Sounds like you are just saving yourself some work which in turn will allow you more time to quilt.

Suzanne

you are right. i would never use my placemats as actual placemats! they are a work of art. and any time saved for quilting is great. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2