Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ready to get started

Winchester, VA
    Blog Entries
    I have a bunch of squares in various materials.

I have an order of denim strips coming in.

I don't know where to start! LOL

My husband likes really dense, heavy quilts so the denim will be for him. I think I'll make a Strip Twist for him with it.

I have two sets (total of 64 squares) of this Moda Tropical Camouflage.

One set of Cider Mill Road charm pack - http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/easylifequilting/cider_mill_road.JPG

One set of Moda Urban Chiks charm pack - http://www.emeraldcityfabric.com/ProductImages/31035PP_400x400H.jpg I love this!!

I have a bunch of neutrals to mix it if I want. But I really am stumped on where to start. I don't have the greatest cutting skills yet and I'm a super beginner with quilting in general. I welcome any and all ideas and suggestions.

Here's one that is easy. I love this site because it tells you how to put the block together and has pics of each step.

Here's boo coos more

If you don't already have one, get yourself a rotary cutter, selfhealing rubber mat and a quilters ruler.

Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Beautiful fabrics choices you have made, I suggest you do a google search on free charm quilt patterns, as your fabric is already cut, for a beginner these are a great choice to get quick results.

One I did first was a disappearing nine patch here is a tute for you, really easy :D

Moda simplicity 5" charm packs x 2
    Name:  Attachment-24223.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  39.0 KB

Disappearing 9 patch tutorial

The Disappearing 9 Patch would be my choice. I have collected several charm packs and can't wait to get it started :roll: :roll: