Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is this for real? >

Is this for real?

Is this for real?

Old 04-13-2016, 06:12 PM

Default Is this for real?

I have seen this on Facebook a few times and wondering if anyone on the Board has ever ordered from this company. I love a bargain but are these prices (and advertised quality) for real?
http://quiltcomfort.com/
Would like to hear from 'real' people before I take the plunge!
Thanks!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:31 PM

I hope someone has. great prices but I see why you are skeptical.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

I haven't ordered from them but followed your link to check them out-- for sale prices they seem awfully high to me. At my local quilt shop I can get a charm pack with 52 five inch squares for about $7-- which makes 104 squares $14. She's charging a sale price of $21+. And $33+ regular price. If that is a deal in your area I would say purchase on small thing & see if you are happy before spending a lot. There are hundreds of shops on line to find a wide range of prices.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 PM

It looks like they specialize in pre-cuts. They don't say how many strips are in their jelly rolls, but the prices on 10" and 5" squares seem comparable to those I've seen at stores like JoAnn's -- and they are double the prices at Connecting Threads. Try them and let us know how their quality compares!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:06 PM

One of the ladies in my quilt group has ordered and received a jelly roll from them. Don't know how many strips ithad but the quality looked and felt okay. Colors were also good.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

I looked at the "jelly roll" and it was 17 strips, less than half what a real jelly roll has.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 PM

I prefer to buy online from Missouri Quilts. I am signed up and get their daily deal every day. I love it. Some things I got for pennies and others were a great bargain, because of the kind of fabric I bought. They are fast shippers also. I looked at that website. they seem to be higher than other sites I have gone to.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:37 PM

I'm with dunster. All the packs have far fewer pieces than any pre-cut packs I've seen & prices are comparable to what I've paid at Missouri Star Quilt Co for non sale items with more pieces. Plus, MSQC has Daily Deals that are even cheaper than that website with twice as many pieces in them. For example, I bought a Kona jelly roll with 41 WOF strips from MSQC for $15.99 on sale (plus a couple bucks for shipping).

Here's what the packs on QuiltComfort would cost if they had the standard # of pieces in them:
Layer Cake $41.95
Jelly Roll $40.85
Charm Pack $8.50

I pay less than that for 100% certified organic cotton. If you really love the fabrics, go for it, but I wouldn't consider it a "deal".

Last edited by Bree123; 04-13-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:07 AM

The fabrics look like the ones Marshall Dry Goods sells for $3.99/yard. If that is what they are, it's very expensive. Their fabric quality is ok, but it's not as nice as the name brands. For comparison, a yard of the $3.99 fabric will get you 56 5" charm squares.

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/prod.../flower-power/
Old 04-14-2016, 04:12 AM

I like to support my local quilt store if at all possible. I know sometimes the prices are higher but they will help me if I get stuck on a project and I can look and feel the material. I just can't tell what I am getting when I order on line. I know a lot of you don't have a quilt store near you or a fabric store near you so shopping on line is the best way. I have ordered from MSQ and the material bled when I washed it. It was a 5" pack of batiks. I could use some of them but a lot of them were ruined.