Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service >

Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service

Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service

Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM

I purchased a Pfaff Grand Quilter and Imperial Frame in Dec last year, and have had an absolutely brutal time getting it going. Putting the frame together was a nightmare. Had missing parts, took weeks and weeks to get everything in. OK, so now it's all together and I'm practicing away. Have done practice quilts and exactly ONE quilt.

Went back to the dealer for a training session on how to load the quilts in the frame and it was useless - they didn't end up wanting to actually unload what they had on the frame (a sample for playing with the qbot) and just talked through the process. The dealer is an hour away, I wasn't happy with this waste of my time.

Ordered leader cloths, they've never come in, and they keep promising. I gave up on that.

Tackled it again this weekend, put another practice piece together and got into a nice rhythm and ready to try it out on quilt #2 - a cuddle quilt. As soon as it goes onto this quilt, the stitches go horrid, the frame won't move on the fabric, and needles are breaking.

Got some titanium needles, and break these too! The darning plate is bowed and won't stay in place.

Made an appointment with the dealer this morning to take the Pfaff back for a checkup. Confirmed hours. Get off work early, drive an hour, arrive at his shop an hour before they're supposed to close ... and they are CLOSED.

So I'm really really grumpy. I figure they can make a house call now. Sure looking forward to that conversation with them tomorrow morning ... or with Pfaff if the dealer isn't seriously offering substantial recognition of wasting my time.

Well, that was a nice rant, and I don't even feel better about it yet :( Thanks for listening :)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, I would contact Corporate office and complain, explain to them how this dealer is treating you, I'm sure they have had other complaints

take care and hope you get it resolved soon
Old 06-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Wow. I'd feel more than grumpy. Hang in there:
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

Grumpy would be nice for me after all that :wink: Hang in there , and hard as it might be , try to be nice until they figure this all out. Don't want them making you wait any longer or making it worse
Old 06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to go through all of this :( I hope that you can get it satisfactory resolved tomorrow!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Google Goddess

call Phaff direct and complain, they need to know that dealership is bad and not offering good service at all, so they can get rid of them
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM

How discouraging!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM

My first reaction would be to give them hell. But that would probably not get you anywhere too fast. :-( Try to calmly call Corporate & tell them about all of your fiasco's with this situation & Dealer. Ask them to please come up with a solution for you, so they will not have a very dissatisfied Customer that could really give a bad reputation to their name. They took your money & you just want to be able to happily use what you purchased. Sounds fair to me. :wink: I hope you get this resolved quickly.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM

I agree with Gramof6....totally.

BTW - I have a Grand Quilter....when it acts like yours (hangs up,stitching is horrible) it's because I haven't moved the back bar UP. As it gets fuller, you have to move it up so it's not dragging on the bed of the machine.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM

My Girlfriend was having trouble with her handy quilter. The lady came out fixed the problem were over a hour from the shop. Sometimes we take the top in they fix it and will go back and get it . I would call and talk to the manager if you don't get help there call head quarters.
Tell them if you don't get the help you need for it to run like you paid for it to do then you want your money back. Your going else where. And last but not least your telling the board not to buy from them. If that doesn't help CALL ME