Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to quilt

Blog Entries
    Just curious....how many of you quilt for fun, how many of you quilt for shows, how many of you quilt for pay, how many of you quilt for gifts and how many of you quilt for strictly utilitarian purposes (your new baby, your bed, your sofa, etc.)?

Blog Entries
    For Fun...Hobby only. I make for family and extended family members and of course for Myself. Donate once I am done with it and get better and better. I donate to the centers for Animals.

Blog Entries
    For fun, whether they turn out for gifts, charity, swaps, etc... is secondary :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Fun

For fun and sanity!

For fun. But usually with somone in mind. I haven't kept one yet. And have three in the works that are going to special people in my life. Someday I will make one for me. ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Just curious....how many of you quilt for fun, how many of you quilt for shows, how many of you quilt for pay, how many of you quilt for gifts and how many of you quilt for strictly utilitarian purposes (your new baby, your bed, your sofa, etc.)?
    I make quilts for gifts for my family; also do a lot of charity quilts. Am currently using my stash to make quilts for Alabama tornado victims.

Mostly for fun, no shows, no "paid hobby", just because I love making things, and creating gifts for close friends and family, so that when the day comes and I am no longer here, they can remember that it is something from my heart.

Blog Entries
    I quilt because I love putting fabric together, hearing the purr of the machine, watching the quilt come together... I especially love the face of the recipient one moment after opening their gift quilt... makes it ALL worth while... even the "unsewing"...

I quilt because it is fun... not for prizes, profit or posterity. I am not very good at it yet, but every one is a new adventure and I am getting better. I judge my skills by improvement from my last quilt. I appreciate the solitude and serenity from going out to my quilt room (when I improve more, I will call it my quilt studio.) I love what running1 said about the purr of the machine and watching the quilt coming together -- add petting the fabric too. Love the fabric.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast