Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: recommend a good quilting chair

I'd like to buy a good quilting chair to sit at my long arm. Can anyone recommend a particular brand or type? I would like an ergonomic one with good back support. Thanks, Candita

Have you tried a Beauty Supply? I know they have chairs for hair dressers that are hydraulic and can sit up higher than a regular chair and they have them with a back. Just a suggestion. You could ask your local hair salon if they have a catalog or something you can look at. ???

Hope you find what you are looking for. :)

I have Sew Steady or Sew Fit or something(I think I'm not at home to be able to check) chair. I love it, it has back support, 2 different ajustments to fit your body, can be raised or lowered, has rollers and is confortable. However I spent about $150 or so each for 2 of them. You can find good adjustable chairs in an office supply store. Just sit in them and try it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I have Sew Steady or Sew Fit or something(I think I'm not at home to be able to check) chair. I love it, it has back support, 2 different ajustments to fit your body, can be raised or lowered, has rollers and is confortable. However I spent about $150 or so each for 2 of them. You can find good adjustable chairs in an office supply store. Just sit in them and try it out first.
    It's for sitting at her Long Arm so I think it needs to sit higher than a typical chair.

They actually make them now to come up to bar stool height. The sewing chair that I have does not but the new ones that recently came out do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    They actually make them now to come up to bar stool height.
    Awesome. Didn't know that. Thanks. :) :)

Wish mine did so I could sit at my cutting table!

Check out a saddle stool. That is what I use for my longarm and it is wonderful and I have a bad back.
    Not sure of website

live2quilt

Quote Originally Posted by live2quilt
    Check out a saddle stool. That is what I use for my longarm and it is wonderful and I have a bad back.
    Not sure of website

live2quilt
    I found this online. I googled saddle stool and found several.This one looked good.

http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewitemsAct.asp%3Fclasslabel%3DQODA%26manufactlab el%3D1700213%26SKU%3DOSPST205%26gb%3D1&fr=ANIpReGLAE-yciIRJE_eVKqHGsB32Zjo1FhgHdJAXuB2EWl3r_RVS57LbK2EZ R34sG1elWJqSBMJ_nGm-h44gDpNQmwlqoCyU9gqqe_5fz_caxMNI0d1BQz68IWCiBwvTyk l8Eyx5aJpBKWbmdCCpS1aODXD-Fi9z-UU_CtFnUwTJIc2uXuVK61eiBdg4KSJM_TZaYeKeJPR7Q2xO6Vz oQMAAAAAAAAAAA&ei=mdKnSvnfIYrkMMff0KUI&sig2=H3YpbTUPAWLkwobt6dlniA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

The one with no back is the one I have. It keeps your posture straight.
    You can adjust hight and can roll as you quilt.

I have had 6 back surgeries and this really helps. Found this before I bought longarm, couldn't do quilting without it. Can't stand for any leangth of time.

live2quilt