Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Recommendations for a Long-Armer in PDX, OR area?

  1. #1
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    I have two approx. twin size quilt tops that I need to have machine quilted. I've never used a LAer before and could use some recommendations for one, preferably on the westside of Portland. Am I too late to ask that these be done before Christmas? I don't know if that's a realistic expectation for me to have, but is something I'm hoping for.

  2. #2
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    There are two listed here in Oregon: Lebonan and Springfield. It depends on the longarmers as to their individual turnaround times.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62268-1.htm

  3. #3
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    There are two listed here in Oregon: Lebonan and Springfield. It depends on the longarmers as to their individual turnaround times.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62268-1.htm

    Thank you for that link. Lebanon and Springfield are each a couple hours drive from me. I'd like to find someone closer to home. I do appreciate your help!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I have two approx. twin size quilt tops that I need to have machine quilted. I've never used a LAer before and could use some recommendations for one, preferably on the westside of Portland. Am I too late to ask that these be done before Christmas? I don't know if that's a realistic expectation for me to have, but is something I'm hoping for.
    Hi, I am a longarmer but I live in Washington, however my daughter lives in Lake Oswego and I go there fairly often. I still have a few slots available for quilt tops that will be done before December 15th. Plus I am offering free batting for these tops if you are interested. PM me if you would like for me to give you price quotes from the measurements of your tops.

    Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

  5. #5
    Super Member 2 Doods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    1,817
    Have you checked out The Quilted Hill in Yamhill? Bobbie has the machine in her shop where you can watch her quilt. It's such a cute shop and the view !!! -worth the drive just for that!

    http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res6z38p/index.html

    Sharon's Attic in Hillsboro has a class you can take and then you rent the longarm machine to quilt it yourself. Steve is good about helping. That might be an option for you too.

    http://www.sharonsatticquiltshop.com/longarm.html

  6. #6
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Have you checked out The Quilted Hill in Yamhill? Bobbie has the machine in her shop where you can watch her quilt. It's such a cute shop and the view !!! -worth the drive just for that!

    http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res6z38p/index.html

    Sharon's Attic in Hillsboro has a class you can take and then you rent the longarm machine to quilt it yourself. Steve is good about helping. That might be an option for you too.

    http://www.sharonsatticquiltshop.com/longarm.html
    No I still haven't been to Quilted Hill. Isn't that awful?!? I'll get there one of these days. And I've heard about the class and rental opportunity at Sharon's Attic but don't think I can squeeze that in for these projects. I'm certainly interested in looking at it more closely next year. Thanks for reminding me!

    :D :D

  7. #7
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I have two approx. twin size quilt tops that I need to have machine quilted. I've never used a LAer before and could use some recommendations for one, preferably on the westside of Portland. Am I too late to ask that these be done before Christmas? I don't know if that's a realistic expectation for me to have, but is something I'm hoping for.
    Hi, I am a longarmer but I live in Washington, however my daughter lives in Lake Oswego and I go there fairly often. I still have a few slots available for quilt tops that will be done before December 15th. Plus I am offering free batting for these tops if you are interested. PM me if you would like for me to give you price quotes from the measurements of your tops.

    Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    PMing you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.