Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Recommendations for quilt hangers? >

Recommendations for quilt hangers?

Recommendations for quilt hangers?

Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM

Can anyone recommend good quilt hangers (for hanging a quilt on the wall)? I bought a pair of the Dritz hangers today, and they leave a little to be desired. They hold the quilt -- so long as the quilt is placed "just right" in them.

I'm afraid the quilt is going to fall when I least expect it. This quilt is hung above my daughter's (almost 4 years old) bed. I can just imagine her screaming in the middle of the night...."I can't see, I can't see"....after it falls on her head. :)

Any recommendations for effective quilt hangers -- the kind that use pressure to hold your quilt in them? I don't want to put a sleeve oon the back of this quilt. I'd appreciate any input!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Google "quilt clamp"
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I have a very inexpensive way of hanging all but the largest (heaviest) quilts. I sew a couple/few of those little plastic rings to the back of the quilt (use more rings the larger the quilt) and hang those on those new 3M hanging hook thingies that need no nails and you remove w/out leaving any sticky residue on the walls. Forget what they call them, but you can buy them most anywhere. Then I'm not limited as to where I can hang a quilt.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

You can get a curtain rod (they make really nice ones) and put the clippy hooks on the rod. Then you can clip the hooks on the quilt top. These clips are tight - don't get your finger caught. That's how my bedroom curtains hang.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
I have a very inexpensive way of hanging all but the largest (heaviest) quilts. I sew a couple/few of those little plastic rings to the back of the quilt (use more rings the larger the quilt) and hang those on those new 3M hanging hook thingies that need no nails and you remove w/out leaving any sticky residue on the walls. Forget what they call them, but you can buy them most anywhere. Then I'm not limited as to where I can hang a quilt.
Good idea! I like this!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
Originally Posted by meemersmom
Good idea! I like this!
Thanks...forgot to add...I sew the rings down at two or three places on each ring to the quilt back --- less stress on the fabric that way.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Love those curtain rings with the tiny clothespins with teeth that MadQuilter suggested. I used them to hang my design wall (flannel backed tablecloth) and several small wallhangings all on one loooooong rod. I got mine at Walmart, I think they were $10 for 10? :thumbup:
Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 PM

For wall hangings, I use a cafe curtain rod. The tiny nails and fixtures just leave a teeny tiny hole and they hang flat against the wall....plus mine only cost a dollar a piece :D