Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: recycled/repurposed Denim projects

Blog Entries
    Jenni, sorry to hear of the loss of our son. i am adiabetic too so know how it can be challenging at times. i just asked my art retreat group for donations of denim after being inspired from this group and I am a newbie to quilting. One of the gals said she has tons and my friend said she bets it may be her husbands who passed away recently so if that is the case I think I will be making her a rag memory quilt since dont know how to piece yet. A healing quilt will definitely be something for you to help bring you comfort through the tears.

Jeff

Thank you!! thaT IS AWSOME.

OMG....Soooooo many wonderful denim project ideas. Absolutely love the denim log cabin quilt. Thanks for sharing everyone!

I love the bag made from a pair of jeans. I may have to check the thrift stores for kids jeans and make one for myself. Thanks for posting the pics.

Tote bags.

My daughter just dropped off a bag of jeans. I tell all my kids I'll take there old jeans that they no longer want. I want to makes some bags and maybe a rag quilt.

Jackets and utility bags.

Blog Entries
    Here are a couple of my denim/cord/khaki projects. I made the kite quilt when I first started to quilt and was too cheap to spend any money on fabrics. And I hated the idea of just making squares from denim. My Denim Tsunami (Giant Storm at Sea) quilt pattern evolved when my sister wanted to make a denim quilt for her son going off to college. Then I made one for my own son as he left for college and later joined the Army Reserves. That's why I made his with blacks and beiges. I sell the Tsunami pattern on my website.

Denim Tsunami - Black Levis, Cords, Khakis
    Name:  Attachment-125641.jpe
Views: 368
Size:  87.4 KB

Denim Kites
    Name:  Attachment-125642.jpe
Views: 302
Size:  35.3 KB

Denim Tsunami (Giant Storm At Sea)
    Name:  Attachment-125643.jpe
Views: 322
Size:  43.3 KB

Blog Entries
    We made picnic blankets of Denim. We placed recycled pockets near the corners and tucked the large red handkerchief into the pockets (for the napkins).I lined them with bright flannel and included a note telling them "this quilt is meant to be used,sit on me at a picnic nap under me when you are tired"
    Also used my grand daughter's jeans with embroidery and sequins. They made up into a colorful memory quilt for her

WOW ! What an aray of ideas ! Thanks for sharing

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast