Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red Snapper for APQS machine >

Red Snapper for APQS machine

Red Snapper for APQS machine

Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM

Default Red Snapper for APQS machine

A friend just told me about the Red Snappers to make loading a quilt on the long arm a lot faster. I ran downstairs to see if my leads have pockets and of course they do not. I could probably take them off and sew some in but just wondering if anyone with the Millenium has tried these and how do they work before I invest the time and energy. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 PM

Red snappers are usable for any long arm. I used a set on my Gammill,and when I sold it, I tranferred them to my Innova. I LOVE Them! You might try posting on the APQS forum. I have had good luck there and I don't own an APQS! I consider my Red Snappers one of the best things I added on. I used to stick myself loading AND smoothing fabric as I rolled. No more!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 PM

When I bought my snappers I also bought the leaders from them. They come with the pockets already in them. Much easier for me than trying to do it myself.

I LOVE my Red Snappers. Several of my longarm friends purchased them after they saw mine, and they all have thanked me numerous times.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 AM

The Snappers can be added to any frame, and you don't have to buy special leaders. Making the casing from your existing leaders is easy-peasy. You don't even have to take the leaders off the frame. I just did it last weekend. She has a video showing you how to make the casing for the Snappers: http://youtu.be/uB0isjU4zz8

My leaders are serged along the edges. I measured the 3/4" from the serged edge. That way all I had to do was sew just at the serge line, and I did't have to worry about it fraying.

Last edited by cindi; 01-16-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 AM

I use Leader Grips on my Millenium...same principal, different company. Love them. I did mine like Cindi. Your fingers will forever be grateful..no more getting stuck by pins!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:13 AM

I did mine (leader grips .....same as red snappers) on my APQS just made my own casing. It was pretty easy.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 PM

I have leader grips and they are wonderful - so easy to rotate the quilt if needed, or to take one off and mount another. No pin sticks either.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
I use Leader Grips on my Millenium...same principal, different company. Love them. I did mine like Cindi. Your fingers will forever be grateful..no more getting stuck by pins!
I agree and love love love them