Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Redwork quilt pattern

Redwork quilt pattern

Does anyone know a good quilt pattern to use for red work?

Not sure what you are looking for...redwork patterns to use in a quilt, or you have a quilt made with redwork and want a pattern to use to quilt over it?

Banned
    did you do a search for "redwork patterns" there are many many available. So not knowing exactly what you are looking for it is difficult to make a recommendation.

Power Poster
    You can use any line drawing to do Red Work. There are many free designs on the Internet but You can trace a picture from a Colouring book onto fabric. Use a light box and a Frixion pen and you are ready to go. I LOVE my Frixion pen for Red Work because I stitch right over it but if any of the lines are peeking out, I just iron them away.

I have been working on a free redwork quilt pattern, called Christmas Wish, it is free, the entire quilt has been posted. It is at red-brolly.com. When I look at the complexity of the blocks themselves plus the redwork, all no cost, I am surprised.

I looked up red-brolly patterns, wow cannot believe all that is free !

got to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by judylg View Post
    I have been working on a free redwork quilt pattern, called Christmas Wish, it is free, the entire quilt has been posted. It is at red-brolly.com. When I look at the complexity of the blocks themselves plus the redwork, all no cost, I am surprised.

Banned
    Alex Anderson has some good redwork patterns.

if you have the redwork already and need a setting, I think a snowball block for the red work and then a nine patch for the alternating block. Its simple and lets the redwork shine. Maybe just a nine patch variation? I just googled redwork quilts and clicked on images. Too many choices!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain